Here are some useful links to old maps, sea charts and other resources covering Bidston Hill and Liverpool Bay.
- Old Ordnance Survey maps of Bidston (Cheshire XIII, 6 inches to the mile, published 1882) at the National Library of Scotland
- Liverpool (Hills) 1896, Ordnance Survey 1 inch to the mile, at the same place
- Tithe Maps of Bidston from Cheshire Archives and Local Studies
- Bidston in a Vision of Britain Through Time
- Aerial views of Bidston in Britain From Above
Coastal mapping – a simple guide: Liverpool, from the Open University.
If you know of some other good sources, or want to report a broken link, please let us know.